Coronavirus Information and Advice
DN Colleges Group remains committed to utilising all its resources to support its staff, students, apprentices and the wider communities during these difficult times.
What we are doing to keep you safe – initial information for students and parents – further information will be provided to students during their induction including:
- How to stay safe in and around college
- How we can support your start or return to college if you are feeling anxious
- How we will support your learning if you have to self- isolate
As we start the new academic year, we would like to welcome all new and returning students to campus. In line with government guidance, full onsite teaching provision is available, with blended learning continuing where timetabled During your induction your tutors will let you know if any parts of your course are on-line.
Our expectation is that students will return to site, as always, the safety, health and wellbeing of our students and staff remains our top priority. We have retained the majority of our Covid-19 safety features that we have put in place and we continue to:
- Implement the controls from our organisational risk assessment including our outbreak contingency plans
- Promote social distancing where possible
- Promote the wearing of a face covering in communal areas and where social distancing cannot be maintained
- Movement through corridors/stairwells to be kept to the left
- Enhanced cleaning regimes and provision of cleaning/sanitising materials
- Promote ‘Catch it, Bin it, Kill it’ and promotion of good hand hygiene with frequent and thorough hand washing and sanitising
- Signage to promote all of the above throughout all buildings and partner sites
- Where applicable, ventilation rates have been increased
- Perspex screens are still in situ
- On site testing facilities for students continue
- Staff and students are encouraged to continue with twice weekly lateral flow testing and reporting of results
- Designated Covid team who meet weekly to ensure any changes or issues are addressed with pac
Asymptomatic Lateral Flow Home Testing
- Do a test at home twice a week
- Report your results to the NHS and the College – Negative or Positive
- Student test kits are available from the LRC’s
- Staff test kits are available from the onsite test centres
- Even if your kits are not college ones, please report your results to us
Reporting your results from home test kits
Select that you are reporting a result for yourself. Select “school, college, or education provider.” Select “DN Colleges Group.” Scan the barcode on your test strip.
DNCG Colleges On-site Asymptomatic Lateral Flow Testing Facilities
In line with government guidance, the college is offering all students 2 onsite Lateral Flow Covid-19 Tests upon returning to college. Whilst testing remains voluntary the college strongly encourages regular testing. After the 2 onsite tests you should continue to test twice weekly at home.
If you have previously undertaken onsite testing with us you are not required to provide consent again. If this is your first time accessing our onsite test facility you will be required to complete our online consent form accessed via our website, under 18’s require parental consent.
COVID-19 Positive Result Reporting
Have you tested positive?
All positive test results must be reported as soon as possible via the following link.